Many elderly residents in retirement communities can find drying after bathing a difficult and uncomfortable experience. Using a towel and having to reach or bend can cause pain, as can abrasion on sensitive or delicate skin.
Installing a Care Dryer to your bathroom or wet-room will enable residents to get completely dry with little or no stretching. The heat generated from the built in infra-red lamps has also been reported to give many therapeutic benefits from joint related aches and pains.
How do they work?
Care Dryers can be wall mounted beside a bath or shower in a communal wet-room. Using patented technology, the Care Dryer distributes heat from infrared lamps and using heaters and fans, surrounds the resident in warm, bacteria free air via a UV panel. For residents that have difficulty sitting or standing for showers, the dryer can be mounted horizontally over the washing area.
Why use Care Dryers?
- Can be used with dependent and ambulant clients
- Easier to use for all client/carer groups
- Can be fitted above a strtecher or onto a wall to best meet the needs of the individual client
- Low cost of running and on going maintenance
- Simple to retrofit to existing residences
- Can reduce towel use, distribution and associated costs
Benefits to the residents:
- Aids flexibility pre-shower
- Warm the room in advance of showering
- Reduce or eliminate stretching and bending to dry hard-to-reach areas
- Infrared heat provides relief from aches and pains
- Makes dressing after shower an easy process
- Give some independence back to those who can’t dry themselves
- Creates a more dignified post wash experience for those that need assistance
The addition of body dryers adds an important, fun and luxurious service to your retirement community that will be used every day and increase the quality of life of your residents.